Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Packing lists and Visas

So Wendy and I finally had to sit down and spend some time making out a list of all the items we have to take. I'm usually able to maintain a mental list of items I need to take on a trip wherever we go but this is a paperwork intensive operation that we can't just jaunt back home to pick up something we forget. Copy's of this, printouts of that, sign this, notarize that.  It adds to the general anxiety of travelling somewhere that English isn't widely spoken.  It's all good though, all well worth it.

On a very exciting note, we received our passports back from the Russian Embassy with our Visas attached.  Very cool, Making it all very real.  Our names are translated into Russian on the visas. Scott in Russian is Ckott.  That made me smile.

2 comments:

  1. This entire thing is making me smile. :)
    Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uncle Lavrenti and Aunt Yelizaveta are surely excited as well!!

    ReplyDelete