We have arrived once again in Moscow! It looks very different. When we were here in April, the trees were dead and the streets were dirty from the recently melted snow. Now the grass is green and the trees are showing the first glimpes of autumn. It's so discouraging that we have missed an entire season. It makes me feel we have missed an entire season of Malia's life. But very soon, we will have many many seasons with her!
We flew into Moscow and made it through passport control, baggage claim, and customs very quickly. I searched all the faces for the sweet face of Anya and she waved with a huge smile on her face when she saw us. I practicaly ran to her and hugged her. She said something about it's been so long and I started crying and asked her why it's been so long. She teared up herself and said "because of all the vacations. It's so hard in summer. I'm so sorry." She was very sweet about the way she said it, almost like she felt my pain too. She hugged Scott and immeditaly told him he needed a coat. We laughed. It's not cold here by our standards but everyone had their winter coats and scarves and here's Scott with a short sleeve shirt on. Scott assured her he brought one and it was in his bag. Anya told him he needed to put his coat on when we got to the car. It cracked me up. She was practically shaking her finger at him.
Our driver Vitale wisked us away and into the crazy Moscow traffic. We caught up with Anya on the drive to the hotel. Anya told us she went with another family during the summer to Malia's orphange and said "She is big! (With an emphasis on big). She held her hands to her cheeks and said "she is big, but she has slimmed down some." I guess that means she has gotten taller. I sure hope some of those cheeks are still there!! She couldn't remember if her hair had gotten longer. Anya is picking us up at 9:15 in the morning to go to the orphanage. I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE HER!!!!!!! It's so frustrating to be so close to her, but not able to go and visit tonight. We will post more tomorrow about our time with Malia and then the next day after court, we will be able to post pictures of her!
~wendy
PTL !!! FOR HIS BLESSINGS !!!
ReplyDelete