Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Final Trip Begins

We are in DC waiting on our flight to board.  It's really pretty hard to describe how we feel, at least it is for me.  We are tired of the waiting, anxious for parenthood, and elated beyond belief that we are getting Malia out of the orphanage soon.  I go through a range of emotions.  I think about the firsts we can't wait to experience. I think about my dreams of taking her to Disney World.  I think about how different and wonderful life in general will be with her, with us.  I think about Thanksgiving with a new family member.  Her first Christmas!  I think back on how long we have waited for these final days of this process and I just about fall apart.  I think about how I hope God looks down on the two of us, fallen sinners, with no hope but in Him and finds His favor in everything we do with Malia.  That the grace we were given from Him and adoption into His family has driven our desire to bring this little girl into a Christ centered, yet imperfect family.  We'll post more pics soon on our Gotcha Day.  We seriously cannot wait!

-Scott

1 comment:

  1. HE will guard and guide today and more. LOVE has made a way to share HIM with others through you.

    ReplyDelete