One more evening and one more night is all we have left to wait before we have our daughter in our arms! Anna told us that we will be picking up Malia after we to go to the passport office in the morning. I'm so excited. Anna said the orphanage director has been told that we are coming in the morning. I wonder if they have told Malia that tonight is her last night with her friends in the orphanage? Breakfast in the morning will be her last meal there. If they have told her, I wonder if she is thinking about us coming for her. I wonder if she is scared or if she doesn't understand at all. She will probably be outside playing when we get there. The caretaker will call to her, "Nagima, it's time to go, Mama & Papa are here!" (Or at least that's what I would want them to say to her.)
We are staying in our translator Anna's apartment. It's on the top floor (16th). There are apartment buildings all around us, like New York city maybe. Her apartment is lovely. She has done a lot of the work herself and it's so cozy. Other families have stayed here as well, so there are toys for Malia to play with that they have left. And I can't wait to give her a bath!! Anna went with us to the grocery store when we got here and picked out some food that Malia would like. That was a relief!
Here are some pictures of our view. The camera didn't capture how brilliant the colors of the trees actually are.
No comments:
Post a Comment