Saturday, April 2, 2011

This is really happening!

These last 4 days have been crazy!!  I can't believe this is really happening. In 3 weeks, Scott and I will sit in a room at the orphanage and wait for the little person to be brought in who will join our family.  I have thought about that moment for the last 2 years.  We will be parents.

We made our decision to adopt a child years ago and began the process sometime in early 2009 as we researched agencies, countries, the adoption process, etc.  We filled out the first of several forms in late 2009.  Early 2010, we filled out the first form for our agency and chose the country of Russia. The first half of 2010 was spent completing the paperwork and homestudy process.  It was a lot of work, but so worth it!  Many pages of detailed questions, background checks, fingerprints in Nashville, a home visit by a social worker, even a signed letter from Tucky & Liza's vet saying they were well taken care of kitty's! :-)

Our dossier went to Russia in July 2010 and now, here we are 3 weeks out from flying over for our first visit.  I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  To meet this child that we have thought about, and hoped for, and prayed for, will be an amazing experience.  We will be in Russia for one week the first trip.  Two months later we go back for 2 days for our court hearing and a quick visit with our child.  Then 3 to 4 weeks later, we go back again for about a week and will be able to bring our child home!

I still can't believe we are really going, that we really got the call, that we are going to meet our child. We will keep everyone updated while we are in Russia on this blog.  So check back again.

2 comments:

  1. I still can't begin to tell you how happy I am for you. I have been praying for you guys, but I knew that w/ time, God would find the perfect child for you- the luckiest child- who doesn't even know how much his life will change. You are truly giving the greatest gift ever to a baby and you will be the best parents ever. I really am soo soo happy for you and I can't wait to hear more about the adventure!

    Also, I hope you'll consider keeping this blog even after you bring him home....I have to see pictures ALL the time!

    ReplyDelete