Monday, September 19, 2011

She is OUR daughter!


SHE IS OURS!!!!!!  We have a daughter and a little girl has a Mom and a Dad.


We received another incredible gift today besides a new daughter.  The local government official who came for the court hearing gave me 3 baby pictures of Malia.  I wanted to have a picture from when she was little so bad, but I never thought I would get one.  I cried at the courthouse when she gave them to me. I couldn't believe I would get to keep them and be able to show Malia how she looked when she was an infant.  Such a gift to have those pictures, I was so happy.
  
The court hearing went very smoothly.  Scott stood up first and I sat in the back while he answered for our daughter.  I was very proud listening to my husband speaking for our little family, that yes, we wanted this little girl as our own.  It was just one of those really cool moments in life.  I stood at the podium next and had to answer if I agreed with everything that Scott had said.  I was asked if I wanted to add anything and I cried as I told the judge that we loved Malia and wanted to bring her home and wanted her to be our daughter.  Next the local government official (who gave me the baby pictures) spoke of Malia and how she came to be in the orphanage.  Our translator whispered to us as everyone spoke so we were able to follow what was going on.  The judge then took the pictures we had brought of ourselves, our house, Malia's new room, and some pictures of us with Malia from our first trip and went to his chambers for a few minutes to decide.  He returned and formally gave us permission to adopt Malia.  He even said her new name, Malia, when we listened to his announcement.  


Here are the 3 baby pictures.  






We will return to Moscow on October 9, pick up Malia on Monday, October 10, and finally finally bring Malia home on Saturday, October 15!!!!!! 

4 comments:

  1. AMEN AND AMEN AND AMEN !!! "POPS" IS SO HAPPY FOR THE THREE OF YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!!!!! Amen! What a happy baby! What a happy family!
    I am a happy friend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thrilled and excited for you. I can't imagine what you and Scott have gone through, but I am thankful that you can openly share the Joy it brings you to see and hold her in great anticipation of bringing her home with you. We pray God's speed on the remainder of this process and know that God has done a mighty work in your hearts. Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am about to cry reading this, Wendy. I am so so happy for you guys! Wow! In just one month, you will have a cuddly little girl in your arms! I cannot wait to hear all about your new adventure.

    ReplyDelete